Monday, April 11, 2011

The Morning Routine

      I don't know about you guys but I've gotten sucked into the "Research and Development" stage of the planing process. It's been 9 months since I started planning and I've developed a little routine. After waking up and taking the dog out I make my way to the computer with my bowl of cereal and it begins.
                                                                image source
        I have a few non wedding sites I visit first (e-mail, facebook) and then I usually go over to Wedding Bee and see what the buzz is.Ruffled is usually my next stop and I like the photos best on the site. They also have good DIY projects and free templates. I think I found that site through Rock N Roll Bride which is another stop on the interweb train. I have to say I liked rock n roll bride better a year ago, just something about it has changed and put me off a bit. After I'm done collecting images and projects from those guys I check Craig's list to see if there are any local brides selling cool stuff. Usually there aren't. However, it cracks me up when someone describes their dress as vintage and it turns out to be a 1984 poof ball of a dress, that's not vintage, it's ugly.
          My newest site that I just discovered last week is Love and Lavender. There are a ton of DIY projects on there (some I recognized from other sites, how sad is that?) and it seems they have a give away every week.
                                   Image Via Love and Lavender Downloads

 How much time do you spend looking for inspiration on the web? Any sites I missed?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word! I do the same thing. I spend about two hours just researching. I'm loving the research part of planning process. There are a couple websites that I love. I started off with Style Me Pretty and they lead me so too many other websites such as:
    Sparkle & Hay
    The Brides Cafe
    Bridal Musings
    Project Wedding
    Pocket full of dreams
    Marry You Me
    But my favourite is Ruffled.

    ReplyDelete