Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Favorite Favors

   When my Fiance vetoed the idea of a coffin shaped card box I had to pull back the reigns a bit and really think about the over all look of the wedding. I did decide to go a classier way but I think I'm still going to have some kitschy fun with the favors.  I have three ideas.
     The first is the most tame and probably the easiest to execute. Heard of  Nieman Marcus cookies? Urban legend aside, I've been making these since I was old enough to bake on my own. I know I get at least 80 with every batch and the idea is to have them in little baggies with a sticker on them. The sticker would be a kind of logo of sorts with the date and a skull. Oh, did I not mention that I'm totally into skulls? More on that later.
Something like this below minus the stars and add a sticker!
                                                                   Image Source


Idea number two: A skull cookie in a cellophane bag with a bow. You know those sugar cookies with the icing that gets really hard, that's what I'm thinking. Obviously, it's going to be more time consuming with the decorating but I think it's a way cooler favor. I mean look how cute and happy this guy is, he's ready for the party.
                                                                    Image Source

OK, this last one will probably not actually happen because it involves a lot of work. It's coffin favor boxes via Martha Stewart. I think these are pretty awesome and people would be super surprised to see them. The draw backs are some one has to fold every top and bottom, which would take a long time, and I'm really just into the coffin itself, I don't even care what goes in it. Since that's the case I think I should stick with one of the cookies.
                                                                   Image Source

What do you guys think? Are you having generic favors or ones that add to your theme?

No comments:

Post a Comment